Date(s) - 25/04/2017
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
eLab, Mediastudies (BG1)
GIS #3 is the third session of a three-part workshop on Geographic Information System (GIS); the digital toolbox for researchers working with geographic and spatial data. More information will be made available soon.
General Workshop Information
- Sessions are held on a regular, monthly basis. We generally meet on Tuesdays, 15-17h, at the Mediastudies eLab, BG01, room 0.16, University of Amsterdam. Please note that the exact day and time may be subject to change.
- No previous experience with digital research tools is required.
- Preparatory readings will be distributed.
- Workshops are meant for hands-on practice. We expect participants to bring a laptop and to install the software we provide you with in advance of the workshop.
- Workshops are informal and open to all who want to explore digital research tools.
- Newcomers are invited to prepare by reading the following introduction: Graham, S., Milligan, I., & Weingart, S. (2015). Exploring big historical data: The historian’s macroscope. London: Imperial College Press. Available online
- For more information please get in touch with Kaspar Beelen at K.Beelen@uva.nl.