The Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF, Germany’s first film university, is looking to fill a post within the research project “Film Circulation on the international Film Festival Circuit and its Impact on Global Film Culture”, funded with a grant from the German Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF).
Research Assistant / Associate
(Full-time at level TV-L 13)
This post is fixed-term until 31 July 2020, with no option for extension.
The successful candidate for this post will undertake research for the BMBF-funded research project “Film Circulation on the International Film Festival Network and the Impact on Global Film Culture”.
– undertake research on the project under the direction of the Supervisor,
– participate in the development of a framework, methods and tools to support the project outcomes,
– design evaluative instruments, collect and analyze project data,
– draft reports on the project,
– coordinate research related activities and participate in the definition of research directions,
– Provide support for enhancing the project website and other online presences.
Other duties as required:
You should be able to work in an interdisciplinary environment of sociologists, film and media studies and digital humanities scholars. This requires conducting an online survey to collect data on the festival run of films, communicating with industry professionals, collating and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, develop festival categories based on the knowledge of current film festival and media industries studies theories, support the development of a database, analytical tools and visualization
models for the analysis of the festival runs (technical knowledge not required) and contribute to the data and written outputs. You will write up research work for publication in high profile journals and engage in public dissemination.